Not a Developer? No Developers available? No problem...If you can automate the sending of an email, than you can automate the process of entering tasks into GetSwift Regardless of the email format, chances are we can figure out a way to grab the relevant information.
Here we are going to step through how to use email parsing with Zapier's built in parser.
(Before you begin, make sure you've created an account with both GetSwift and Zapier)
- The first thing we want to do is set up our mailbox using Zapier's Email Parser. Navigate here: https://parser.zapier.com/
- Go ahead and sign in with your Zapier account. Once you've signed up and logged in, select 'Create Mailbox'. Here's what you should see: (I've highlighted what you need)
- You'll be told to send your email to an odd looking address. This address is your new mailbox! Go ahead and send an email order to address before proceeding to the next step. Try to make this email look as close to what it would look for a real order coming from you system (i.e., remove 'FWD' and any signature or email headers).
- Assuming you've sent your email and it was received by the mailbox, we are ready to start parsing. Start highlighting and naming the relevant order information. See the image below:
- Go ahead and save your template once you've finished. You'll be able to test out the template you've just created by sending another order email to parsing email. If everything looks good, head to step 3. If not, let us know and we'll be happy to assist.
- Head over to Zapier, login, and select 'Make A Zap'. Zapier works with 'Triggers' and 'Actions'. We are going to start by setting up the Trigger.
- Enter 'email parser' into the 'Choose a Trigger App' search field and select 'Email parser by Zapier'. Then select 'New Email' as the option associated with the email parser.
- Connect the Zapier Email Parser account that you made in step one using your email and login password. Once you've connected, select 'Save + Continue'.
- Next, select the mailbox you want to use - this will be the mailbox you set up in step one.
- You'll be directed by Zapier to test the mailbox you've selected. You've already set this up in the Email Parsing application, so go ahead and press 'Fetch & Continue'. If your test was successful, you're ready to press 'Continue' and begin building the 'Action'
- Choose an Action App - You are going to do this the same way you chose a trigger app, except this time search for and select 'GetSwift'. Select 'Create Task' as the GetSwift action.
- We'll now need to connect your GetSwift account to your Zap. Go ahead and select 'Connect an Account'. You'll need the API key associated with your GetSwift account, which you can find here: https://app.getswift.co/Merchant/APISettings. Generate a key if haven't done so already. Once you've connected, select 'Save + Continue'.
- We're now ready to start using the information we parsed out of the email from Step 2. Begin filling out the fields that relevant to your order. If they are fields from the email, press the button the right of the input and select the name you used in the parsing template. Here is what this looks like:
Tips and Tricks:
If you are always picking up from the same location, simply write the address into the field. This will cause the pickup address to remain the same for every order. (This applies to all fields)
For pickup and destination address fields - you must use either Full Address AND/OR Street Address + City + Zip Code (the more information the better)
'Future Tasks' are based on the pickup time (not delivery time).
To start connecting your other third party platforms to GetSwift today, simply go to: https://zapier.com/zapbook/getswift/
Contact us today in you require any additional help