TRACKING FOR YOUR CUSTOMER
GetSwift enables you to send automated SMS alerts with a live tracking map, allowing your customers to always be informed of where their order is. We also give you the ability to:
- Customize your SMS alert messages
- Upload your company logo so your customer has the full white-labeled experience with your brand
- Go to the Alerts page in your GetSwift portal
- Go to the "Job en route" section. This will send an alert when a driver presses the "On Way" button for a job.
- Choose which communication channel you want to use to alert your customer
- SMS - text message will be sent
- Email - an email will be sent
- Webhooks - an alert will be sent to your website (please contact us to set this up)
- SMS with Email Fallback - text message will be sent, but if it fails, then an email will be sent
- SMS + Email - both text message and email will be sent
Edit the SMS message that will be sent to the customer and add the "tracking link" tag to the SMS message
Click the "Update" link on the edit box to save your changes
If you are outside US and Canada, you can display your company's name for your SMS messages. Use the "SMS sender id" field to type in a max of 11 alphanumeric characters
- This feature does not work in US and Canada and your messages will fail to send if this field is filled in
Click the "Update" button at the bottom of the page to save your changes.
- Now when your driver presses the "On Way" button on their driver app, an alert will be sent to customers!
- Remember you need to click both "update" buttons in steps 5 and 7
TIPS AND TRICKS
SMS alerts under 160 characters in length are free within the US and Canada. In US and Canada, SMS alerts over 160 characters are charged at USD $0.20 for every additional 160 characters in length
The “Job En Route” alert is automatically activated when the driver pushes “ON WAY / START” from their driver app
- SMS Sender ID is not available in all countries. See the list of available countries before activating.