Tracking for your Destination Customer
GetSwift enables you to send automated SMS alerts with a live tracking map, allowing your customers to always be informed of where their order is. We also give you the ability to:
- Customize your SMS alert messages
- Upload your company logo so your customer has the full white-labeled experience with your brand
- Go to the Alerts page in your GetSwift portal
- Go to the "Job en route" section. This will send an alert when a driver presses the "On Way" button for a job.
- Choose which communication channel you want to use to alert your customer
- SMS - text message will be sent
- Email - the email will be sent
- Webhooks - an alert will be sent to your website (please contact us to set this up)
- SMS with Email Fallback - text message will be sent, but if it fails, then an email will be sent
- SMS + Email - both text message and email will be sent
- Edit the SMS message that will be sent to the customer and add the "tracking link" tag to the SMS message
- Click the "Update" link on the edit box to save your changes
- If you are outside the US and Canada, you can display names for your SMS messages. Use the "SMS sender id" field to type in a max of 11 alphanumeric characters
- This feature does not work in the US and Canada and your messages will fail to send if this field is filled in
- Click the "Update" button at the bottom of the page to save your changes.
- Now when your driver presses the "On Way" button on their driver app, an alert will be sent to customers!
- Remember you need to click both "update" buttons in steps 5 and 7
Tips and Tricks
The “Job En Route” alert is automatically activated when the driver pushes “ON WAY / START” from their driver app
SMS Sender ID is not available in all countries. See the list of available countries before activating.